One of the worst pains in the world is an earache. Who knew that your ear could hurt so badly? It’s awful when you have an earache yourself, but it’s almost as bad when you’re watching your husband or child suffer from one.
Here’s some of my favorite home remedies for ear comfort. I love the soothing feel of an ear beginning to feel better as the ache fades away!
Earaches can be caused by infections in the ear, nose, mouth, throat, or sinuses. Generally, the infection in other parts of the head swell up, causing pressure on the inner ear. Often, the earache is accompanied by fever, nausea, or vomiting.
Here are six household ingredients that you can use to cure an earache:
1) Hydrogen peroxide can be applied in small drops to the ear to kill infections.
2) Soak a garlic clove in alcohol. Squeeze the juice out of the garlic clove and put a few drops in the affected ear. The antibiotic properties of the garlic will kill infection, reduce pressure, and relieve pain. The juice of garlic by itself is also effective as a remedy.
3) Soak a cotton ball in warm (not hot) olive oil and place inside ear.
4) Heat up some olive oil until just lukewarm and apply it to the area around the affected ear.
5) Soak a cotton ball in chamomile tea. When it has cooled down, place inside the ear.
6) A drop of warm onion juice will cure gripping ear pain quickly.
Originally posted 2010-12-28 10:28:21.
- 10 Ways to Have Baby Good Skin Tweet I get really frustrated at red splotches, big pores, and those awful “undergrounds.” Yuck, yuck, and more yuck. The only two things I’ve found that work for me are 1) a wonderful topical prescription called Duac. Splotches, be gone! 2) … Continue reading →...
- Relieve Back Pain with Epsom Salts Tweet I’ve had back pain almost my whole life. Up until I started exercising, that is. I was a skinny little bookworm child, really disliking to go outside and play. I wasn’t very athletic, and I didn’t like being the … Continue reading →...
- 8 Ways to Cure Writer’s Block Tweet I have to admit: for a self proclaimed writer, I am not great about writing. I can hold my own at writing when I try. The key words being “when I try.” For me, it’s a fear of being … Continue reading →...
- 8 Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol Tweet Getting healthy doesn’t have to be a rigorous “kill yourself” plan. Those short term “healthy living spurts” never work, whether you’re working out for 2 hours every day or starving yourself into your ideal size. Or lowering your cholesterol. The … Continue reading →...
- 3 Ways to Enhance Your Emotional Intelligence Tweet We talked about the 5 attributes of an Emotionally Intelligent person: Self Awareness, Self Control, Self Motivation, Empathy, and Social Skills. We know what they are. And now we probably have a good idea of whether or not we … Continue reading →...