And sometimes we don’t finish it.
You all know what happens then. That leads to me cleaning out the fridge and wondering how all of this nastiness happened.
In effort to not waste, I have a few tricks that will help you convert leftovers into something else. That way, it doesn’t feel like you are eating the same dinner for a week at a time.
- Leftover pork: Shred and mix with rice and seasoning.
- Leftover ham: Dice and sprinkle in corn bread or plain muffins. Sprinkle on your salad or add it to your eggs.
- Leftover bacon: Crumble into salads. Make BLT sandwiches. Add it to your eggs or use it as a garnish on another dish.
- Leftover tuna salad: Cook macaroni noodles and stir into your leftover tuna salad. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake.
- Leftover meatloaf: Crumble and add it to spaghetti sauce. You could also make breakfast casseroles. Or this breakfast casserole. Or breakfast burritos.
- Leftover rice: Make red beans and rice. Add vegetables and meat and cook as a stir fry.
- Leftover vegetables: Make vegetable soup using tomato soup as the base. Cook leftover vegetables into rice as a stir fry. Make twice baked potatoes.
- Leftover noodles: Add to soup. Toss with olive oil, baby tomatoes, and seasonings for a cold pasta salad.
Here’s to non spoiled food!
Originally posted 2011-06-05 11:54:23.
- Wild Rice & Ham Casserole Tweet A few months ago, I found a recipe online that looked good. It had some creative ingredients, so I was intrigued. So I made it for dinner. And it. was. terrible. It was so terrible that it left an … Continue reading →...
- 5 Free Marketing Ideas Tweet In my opinion, marketing is one of the most important success factors in growing your business. Marketing is everything and everything is marketing. Marketing is the way you talk about your business, the way others talk about your business, and … Continue reading →...
- Gift #20: Champagne and Girl Friends Tweet Three or four of my girl friends and I were talking about two months ago. We decided that we all have a serious problem. We are all busy women and spend most of our time doing what we have … Continue reading →...