This casserole is a really yummy and easy breakfast treat! It kind of reminds me of Bob Evans’ biscuits n’ gravy.
But if you want that, you’ll have to serve the biscuits on the side.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 lb. Ground Sausage
- 2 t. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c. Milk
- 1 lb. Frozen Hash Browns
- 1/4 c. Onion, diced
- 1 1/4 c. Cheddar Cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or grease casserole dish. Cook sausage in skillet until brown. Mix in flour and milk. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
Side bar: this kind of sausage gravy is called sawmill gravy. Now you know something new!
Arrange hash browns in casserole dish. Top with onions, sausage, and 1 c. cheddar cheese. Bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.
Originally posted 2011-03-01 10:50:35.
- Scrumptious Breakfast Casserole Tweet After making this recipe, I’ve sworn off old fashioned omelets forever! This recipe is so much better. My family fights over it, which is both a good and bad sign. Here’s what you will need: 8 Eggs 1 c. … Continue reading →...
- Wild Rice & Ham Casserole Tweet A few months ago, I found a recipe online that looked good. It had some creative ingredients, so I was intrigued. So I made it for dinner. And it. was. terrible. It was so terrible that it left an … Continue reading →...
- Easy Cheesy Potato Bake Tweet This potato casserole is so easy and yummy! It is a perfect versatile side dish to use at summer picnics or at cold winter dinners. Everyone loves cheese and potatoes year-round! Ingredients: 4 Large Potatoes 1/4 c. Stick Butter 1 t. … Continue reading →...
- Aunt Gayle’s Green Rice Casserole Tweet This dish is a fall staple, and no family gathering is complete without it! It’s very simple to make, but nobody will believe you if you tell them that! Make a lot of it, because your whole family will definitely be … Continue reading →...
- Green Bean Casserole Tweet This is, hands-down, the best green bean casserole I have ever had. And I have tasted many varieties of this classic recipe. And as a bonus, it isn’t hard to prepare! I have modified the original recipe because I … Continue reading →...